MeN aT wOrK


When you are employed, the only thing that comes to mind is ‘Gosh, I am tired of the job. If only m able to quit the job, I will be happily unemployed’. Once you actually quit, you get into a panic attack ‘OMG, I left my job, I don’t know what m I gonna do wid my life now, if only I could get a new job’.   Yes my friend, this is life and it happens to all of us.  The grass is always gonna be greener on the other side.  Must have happened to spiderman too when he was cursing his powers of a superhero (for ruining his only chance to get back to his girlfriend) and actually loses all his powers in the second part of the movie. 

We work and curse our life when we are employed. The hefty salary that we get at the end of the month is no substitute to all the pressures we face during the month. So, if given a chance, what do you wanna do if you don’t have to go to your office everyday and have all the time on earth?? Go on a road trip, travel around the world, go skydiving or do any adventurous sport, pursue your dream (whatever that might be) ??? I say you can’t do much unless you were so wise that you have made a fortune while working or you have a parents like …uhh…(I can’t quote anyone coz I don’t know any parents who are that generous) who will support you throughout your life. 

So, when you have a job, you have money but no time to spend it (however that does not mean your money is gonna be saved) and when you don’t have a job, you have all the time for yourself but no money (trust me, this is even worst).  After being unemployed and having spent whatever was left on my bank account, I started looking for some bright ideas (none of which cost me a penny) like writing a blog, participating in some spiritual development courses, reading books, shopping both online and window (no purchases though), and watching almost all the new movies from Zero dark thirty to Paperman (thank god there’s torrent).  Despite all my new found hobbies, the fact was that I missed my job. I missed the morning office tea, missed my colleagues, the team work, the office desk and everything.  I hadn’t even realized, but it was my office due to which I had a good night sleep every day.  I couldn’t sleep all night when I was unemployed as there was nothing tiring about my day and I don’t think it’s possible to sleep at night after sleeping the whole day.  The other thing noticeable was my eating habits.  The corporate culture is actually preventing people from being obese.  Within a month of my ideal state at home, I was literally living in the couch and eating all day which transfigured me from Zoey Deschanel to Queen Latifah.

So, may be working is not that bad either. It’s not work that we hate; it’s our attitude towards work. May be it’s time to introspect and be happy that we are among the lucky people who still have jobs in hand and are not handed the pink slips by our employer. So, how about loving what we do coz when we love what we do, success and happiness are bound to follow. 

Let me make a small disclaimer.  The above article was written with a positive outlook towards work (and it’s just Tuesday of the work week). Now, I say ‘I love my job’. However, if you ask me on Friday, I don’t know, I might end up saying ‘I’ll leave my job’. ;) 

Comments

  1. Nice blog. Sometimes we don't realize how important is our job, and how important is to manage work life balance and this blog makes us realize both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D