About a Girl


I always believed in happy endings. It was fate that I met a girl like you.  I still remember the first time I saw you. May be it was love at first sight coz you mesmerised me.  I was so desperate to get your name and number coz I was scared that I could never see you again. But as fate would have it, you not only gave your number but your personal details starting from educational background to marital status (by handing me your resume for the job that we advertised). It was our destiny that you were appointed for the vacant post. I won’t deny that I was the one who insisted my boss on recruiting you (for which I could have added one or more qualifications than stated in your resume).

I still remember the first date that we went, you and me, to a dinner in this fabulous place (P.S. with hundred of our office colleagues in an office retreat).  How can I forget the way you beautifully moved along with the song that was being played? I don’t know what was more beautiful, you or the way you danced to it.  I remember how you came to me and asked to join you. I normally am scared even to stand on the dance floor, however, on that very day I was not. (or maybe I was scared of something much bigger - a random guy dancing with you and then falling in love with you and marrying you so that eventually your children calling me uncle instead of dad!!)

With you everything made sense- the first kiss; our endless talks; the arguments; the intimate moments at the office staircases; the quick glances in office meeting. I remember that my heart skipped a bit whenever I met you. I remember how beautiful you looked with your hair touching your face.  And when you spoke, all I wanted to do was to pause the moment and kiss you. I was amazed by the fact that from the first date (the actual one); I knew that you were the one whom I am gonna marry.

We were so much in love that we were fearless.  We felt that love would conquer everything, even hatred.  Things were going so good that we had completely ruled out the fact of our caste differences. The disagreements from our own parents came as the biggest shock. All we wanted from them was their blessings and love. However, we had never imagined the magnitude of the problem.  Our love became the reason for them to completely disown us.  As kids, aren’t we taught to love unconditionally?? Isn’t caste just a second name?? Is loving a person of a different caste a crime?? I fought to win you back. I left my home, my parents and I know you were ready to do the same.  But, I could not ask you to leave the most integral part of your life. Asking you to leave your parents whom you adored was like asking you to cut off your arms. I knew, marrying you would cost me the most beautiful thing you had – the smile on your face.

Yes, you haven’t even changed after getting married.  The red ‘tika’ you put makes you look even more beautiful. I just hope that you are happily married. I just wish that you have forgiven me for not being able to keep up my promises. I hope that your man is everything that you’ve ever wanted.  Hope, he can see how beautiful you look when you smile and more beautiful when you frown. Hope he gets everything you want coz I know you never ask for anything. I hope that he loves children coz I know how much you adore them. I hope he treasures you throughout life coz u are just wonderful.   

After you were gone, the only thing that I missed was us. However, I still believe in happy endings and I hope that you are much happier with your man than you would have been with me.   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D