Child at Heart!


As a kid, we used to play dead.  We used to lay flat on our backs, legs and hands wide spread, tilt the head a little and stick our tongue out.  Whenever someone would come near us, we would stop our breath and pretend that we just died.  Believe me, children my age actually believed the prank. How I miss those days!! ’One of the luckiest things that can happen to you is, to have a happy childhood’ says Agatha Christie which is in fact very true.

I consider children born in the 80’s to be the luckiest (M not just saying it because I was born in the same decade).  The 80’s was the time when we had TV in our houses. NTV, the first channel broadcasted in Nepal started operation in 1984.  How can we forget the VCR and the Tapes??? The 80’s was also the time of the personal computers- IBM PC to Apple Macintosh. The first 3D video game was invented in the 80’s and so was the digital cellular phone.  I remember my brother’s friend bringing an ‘ATARI’ (a video game) in our home.  I was so scared to play a race game but when I did; my body was swinging left and right at an angle of 30-150 degrees along with the joystick so as to prevent the car on the TV getting hit by another car.
 
Whatever period you are born in- the 60’s or the 90’s, you will agree with me that childhood is the only time of life without any worries and stress. It is the time when you are more enthusiastic, much happier and keen to explore the details of life.  It’s the time when life’s a playground and you play the whole time, making new friends and searching the positives in everything around.

If I look back to my childhood days, I always get a smile on my face. The best part about being a child is that they don’t speculate. They live in the present without over analyzing it and without being bothered by the past. They don’t differentiate between the young and old or rich and poor. They don’t have any opinion on Caste, Creed, Nationality, Sex or Color. They love a person for ‘what they are’ and not for ‘who they are’. May be the reason what makes a childhood so special is the ‘Innocence’ they possess. As we grow older, we become more rational and judgmental, that we forget to live in ‘the moment’.  We fail to see the small happiness around us such as the rainbow in the sky, the drizzle of the rain, the chirping of birds in the morning, a candy gift and so on.

The world would be a better place if people are kids at heart. We will be needing candy man instead of policeman, parks instead of prisons, nursery instead of a detention center and love instead of hatred. Maybe it was always about being a child at heart even after one grows up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D