Dreams

When I was small, I remember my sister saying that her dream was to own an island. I would be delighted to hear this coz it meant a lot of family outings (that too in a fab place, who wouldn't want that!!). My mother would say that one should not be overly ambitious coz it ultimately leads to unhappiness (when unfulfilled). At that time, I never knew whose side to take - my sister (with an awesome dream) or my mom (with her genuine concerns).   

A dream is like a spark, an ignition coz that is what it takes to get your life started. I recently met a friend. When he shared his dream, I was awestruck; he wanted to own a personal jet. I laughed at it and asked how he intended to do that. Trust me, he had his life planned out (short term/ long term goals and so on) and I ended up saying ‘Forget that I ever laughed at your dreams, coz I would love to travel in your jet someday’. It takes a lot of passion and courage to say something like ‘I dream of changing the world’ or ‘I dream of being the best neurosurgeon in the country’ or 'I dream of keeping my parents happy'. Who would have thought that someone like Jhamak Kumari Ghimire born with a condition such as cerebral palsy would turn out into a renowned writer.  She dreamt, she achieved!!  

Jhamak Kumari Ghimire


The best things about dreams are that you can own it. No one can keep you away from your dream except you.  So, why not dream the impossible- landing on the moon, being the prime minister of the country or getting married to Hugh Jackman!! Chase it by working on it!! You cannot dream about being a billionaire just by sitting in the living room and watching ‘The apprentice’. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment because there’s nothing like a free lunch. If you dream about having a threefold increase in salary, make sure that you work thrice as much as you work now coz everything comes with a price tag. Don’t be bothered if someone laughs at your dreams.  You might fall, you need to rise again! Ask yourself ‘What does it take to achieve those dreams? / Am I really working hard to attain it? If yes, you are on the right track my friend.  


 No dream is unattainable and nothing’s impossible!!  I would like to quote a few lines from the book – ‘The Alchemist’:
“Everyone believes the world's greatest lie..." says the mysterious old man.
"What is the world's greatest lie?" the little boy asks.
The old man replies, "It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D