Things to buy before arrival of a baby

When I was pregnant with my first born, I spent hours and hours watching multiple YouTube videos, talking to friends and family to figure out the list of essentials to buy for the baby and myself before birth. 
This is the checklist I had collated and over the last two years, I must have shared this to multiple parents to be. Currently, I am pregnant with my second one, and I still swear by it. 

Hope this is useful to anyone who is looking for a checklist of things to buy. Happy shopping!

Bedroom 
 [ ] Crib 
 [ ] Mattress, pillow and bedsheets 
 [ ] Mattress protector 
 [ ] Dustbin for diapers- something with a lid to prevent odor 
 [ ] Blankets 
 [ ] Swaddle 
 [ ] Mobile for the crib 
 [ ] Diaper organizer 

 Bathroom 
 [ ] Bathing tub 
 [ ] Shampoo, soap 
 [ ] Towels 
 [ ] New born baby bath seat 

 Travel 
 [ ] Pram 
 [ ] Carrier Feeding 
 [ ] Electric pump 
 [ ] Formula (you can buy this later as the baby may not need to be supplemented. But decide which brand of formula to use if required) 
 [ ] Bottle sterilizer 
 [ ] Milk Bottles- anti colic 
 [ ] Bottle detergent (100percent plant based) and bottle cleaner 
 [ ] Bottle warmer 

 Grooming 
 [ ] Baby nail clipper 
 [ ] Comb 
 [ ] Thermometer 
 [ ] Earbuds 
 [ ] Cotton 
 [ ] Baby wipes (100percent water based) 
 [ ] Diapers 
 [ ] Oil for massage 
 [ ] Rash cream (life saver!) 
 [ ] Lotion 

 Clothing 
  [ ] Sets of clothes including mits, cap, socks (I used onesies with mits for the first 3 months. They are very convenient) 
  [ ] Lots and lots of muslin clothes 
  [ ] Wash clothes 
  [ ] Swaddle wrap 

 For the mother 
 [ ] Maternity T-shirts 
 [ ] Maternity bras 
 [ ] Disposable panties (for the first few weeks till menstruating)  
 [ ] Sanitary Pads (atleast 32cms) 
 [ ] Nursing pillow 
 [ ] Nipple cream (a must) 
 [ ] Nursing breast pad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D