Now and then


When i was small, I used to sit on my grandmother's lap in a crowded tempo and travel
Now, I travel in an a/c car everyday

I used to stare at the aeroplane flying high in the sky and wave at it
Now, i have become a frequent flyer

I used to get Rs.1000 as my annual pocket money
Now, I don't keep counts of the 1000 rupee note that I spend

I used to save to buy a cassette tape with just 7 songs and play it on repeat
Now, i have more than 7,000 songs in my i phone

I used to have a friend with whom I would start and end my day
Now, I have more than 1,000 friends all over the world

Time has changed. I have more money in my bank account, more experience, more material possessions. However,  when i look back;  my grandmother's lap in the crowded tempo feels more comfortable than the a/c car. The idea of an aeroplane up in the sky seems more interesting than actual flying.  Unlike now, I used to feel like a billionaire with the little money that I had then. The cassette with few songs are still the most prized possessions that I have. I might be having more than 1,000 friends but I don't have a single friend whom I actually feel like talking. 

Time has changed. The value we associate with things has changed. The 10 year old me would have been so happy and proud to know the present me; I wonder why the present me can't feel the same way. Are we too busy looking at the bigger picture in life that we have lost focus on the smaller things??

The difference between now and then... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D