Dance baby Dance




I had the biggest revelation of my life last week. I was a part of a dance performance during an event at the office offsite.  I was happy and doing great till the time someone came to me and showed me the video of my performance. It was a disaster!! I don’t know why I was jumping all over the place; the theme was definitely not ‘monkey dance’. Yes, after all these years (no quoting!), I got to know that ‘I can’t dance’!!!!


Dance is one of the things which I absolutely adore.  I might have inherited this liking from my mother, coz she loves to dance. Sometimes, after a midnight party (having danced for 5 hours straight); we come home and dance coz we can’t get enough. My startling revelation on dance made me hopeless. So, I did some research on dance. The more I read about it, the more inspired I became.  I don’t think I can ever give up dancing coz it’s one of the thing that makes me happy and helps me keep going. (@Ashok Bhandari, I will be needing ur help for this!!).


So, I have decided to publish some of the key pointers on why one should dance.  Hope each one of us will find it useful.

1.       Research proves that dancing reduces stress and tension for the mind and body. Studies by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have shown that dancing prevents heart disease in particular. (@Anish Gyawali, I hope, heart disease also includes love and heartbreak  ;) )

2.       About 80% girls and 40% guys love to dance (my statistics on dance ©). So, if you are on a dance floor, your probability of meeting a girl is 200% compared to your non-dancer friend with a probability level of 33.33%. Trust me, a guy who can dance is a big ‘turn-on’ for so many girls!!!! (@Bikash Pudasaini, you are on the right track)

3.       Dancing is a form of stress reliever. A hormone called ‘endorphin’ is secreted when dancing. It brings out positive mood in people and makes them alive and very energetic. (@Lakshmi Kannan, now I knw the secret of your energy :P)
4.    Are you a guy? Do you have a partner who loves to dance?? Do you dance bad?? Don’t worry coz whenever she is angry; all you need to do is dance. I can assure you; she will start laughing and forget the whole fiasco. {Disclaimer: Don’t dance when you are fighting for some big issue like a divorce, it might convey a wrong message that you are dancing because you gonna be free finally} (@Ramit Karmacharya, sorry!! Pls dont kill me, i dont wanna die without dancing!!)


5.       Do you know how many calories does a single bottle of Heineken contain- 148 cal. If you are stressed about the fact of your increasing drinking capacity and BMI; you need to start dancing. A 50 kilo person burns approx. 120-200 cal just by dancing for an hour (@Nikhil Sant, now you know what u need to do)  

6.       Did you know that dancers have better than average peripheral vision? Head angles are prescribed by the dance, so dancers have to use their eyes themselves if they want to look to the side, without turning their heads. Not only is this a fun fact about dance, it can be a fun and unique skill to have. Imagine you looking at your crush through your peripheral vision without him/her noticing you and you not looking like a stalker!! (@Rezma Shakya, I think we should go to downtown again....hehe)

7.       And the list goes on… so what are you waiting for…Dance baby Dance!!!

"Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.” -Rumi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Believe

Life in 3D