Believe


When I look back at my life, there’s not a single moment that I would change. I don’t wanna jinx it by saying, but I am in love with my life.  Did I have a fairy tale story? –No. Was my life perfect?? -Indeed not. Like everyone else, I had my share of pain. I failed a number of times.  I failed to get through the medical college although my only persistent dream since childhood was to be a paediatrician (Short term dreams included marrying a Spanish Guy, being the next Jodie Foster after watching Silence of the lambs or being adopted by Bill and Melinda) To see my only dream get shattered was like being judged and told that ‘You are not good enough’.  It echoed in my ears for so long that sometimes it was hard to hear anything else.  I failed in my CA finals too (However, it’s worth mentioning that there’s a saying- If Jesus has never failed; he must try CA). I have failed in numerous assignments at work.  I have failed to meet the expectations of many people. There were times when I have let my family down (recently by getting a tattoo done). I have been rejected a multiple times - in job interviews, college and even in love (If you can relate, that’s the worst rejection of all times!!). There were times when I thought I will end up bald, made a complete fool of myself in public, was 1000 Kgs ;) and cried in front of complete strangers.


May be the only thing that helped me sustain and outgrow those situation was ‘TIME’. However severe our pain may be, time heals it all. Before the pain is healed, we can do nothing but ‘Believe in ourselves’. Believe that bad times will pass by to give way to new things in life.  Good things come to those who actually ‘Believe in themselves’.  Through out all the sufferings, I believed that there was more to life than just being a doctor.  I believed that I can qualify CA. I believed that I am good enough to make my parents proud, to get the best job in the world and to love and be loved. The most heartbreaking thing in life is not when people around you say that you are incapable, it’s when you start believing the same. Just like an ECG, life too will have it’s up and down.  A straight line in ECG means that you are dead; similarly, if you are not facing problems in your life, you are definitely in the wrong track. The most strange thing about life is that we tend to regret things we didn’t do rather than those which we actually did and failed -like not taking the new job opportunity at some foreign location, not marrying the girl who was of a different caste, not riding the roller-coaster when you had the time and energy to do it, not talking to the guy whom you exchanged glances and smiles in the train every morning or not fighting for you dignity with your boss when he was wrong.

So, here I am now and I could not have asked for more. Life's too short for crying over facts and living in the past. So BELIEVE in yourself. Believe that life's not unfair. Believe that you are the source of change in your life.  Believe that there's always sunshine after the rain, coz there will be!! 

Comments

  1. great writing subh dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really truth, and it's Awesome writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So finally you are doing what you are born to do,,,,writing writing & writing,,,,Keep it up Subh,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bandu and Himanshu :) Harish, Yes, finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is awesome.......:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True Love!

Life in 3D